Sioux Falls, SD
Description of Position:
The position of Clinical Psychologist for Stronghold Counseling Services requires that the candidate is licensed or eligible for licensure in South Dakota.
The mission of Stronghold Counseling Services, Inc., is to be instruments of God’s grace in reaching those who are hurting by providing services that are clinically astute, sound, and at the highest level of excellence. The Clinical Psychologist must be invested in and committed to Stronghold’s mission and core values.
- Provide oversight and supervision of Medicare cases.
- Provide supervision to unlicensed therapists/interns as assigned and consultation to all other therapists on staff.
- Actively promote and market Stronghold Counseling Services. Provide community support to the Sioux Falls and surrounding areas through the provision of psychoeducational trainings, presentations.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Provide direct psychotherapy services of at least 20 hours per week. This is to include: assessment, treatment planning, case management, psychological evaluation and psychometric testing when appropriate.
- Remain up to date on ethical, legal, and professional issues. This includes ethics updates and training, HIPPA, understanding of legal processes as they relate to psychological services, and updates on diagnostic changes, evidence-based practice, and emerging knowledge related to assessment and treatment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and skills in assessment and diagnosis of DSM5 disorders.
- Ability to work with a team of colleagues.
- Ability to provide quality supervision and consultation to therapist team.
- Ability to work with medical community as needed.
- English is only needed language. However, the Sioux Falls community is increasingly diverse, and fluency in other languages could be helpful.
Required Education and Experience:
- PhD or PsyD in Psychology. APA-approved academic program and APA-approved predoctoral internship preferred. Licensed as a psychologist in South Dakota, or licensable as a psychologist in South Dakota.
- Evidence of both inpatient and outpatient experience.
- Cross cultural experience desired.
Stronghold Counseling Services Inc. Offers:
Negotiable and based on experience. Medical and dental insurance, Simple IRA, continuing education allowance.
Application deadline: Review of applications will begin February 15, 2019, and continue until the position is filled.
Stronghold Counseling Services
4300 S Louise Ave Ste
Sioux Falls, SD 57106